Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Wednesday Whiskey Launch

For a long time I have wanted to do a post about what probably is my favorite gentlemen's store in Ghent; "Don". The shop is on my route to law school so I pass by it at least twice a day. In the beginning, I was often contemplating about going in. Until an Instagram conversation between Aude (shop assistant), Elfi (GlamAtHeart) and me, finally dragged me in. I instantly bought a crisp white shirt and have been a friend an loyal costumer ever since, taking people on DON shopping trips whenever I can. 


So when I got the invite for the launch of shoe brand "Wednesday Whiskey", I was very pleased, for it meant I could kill two birds with one stone; Finally write about the store, AND discover a new brand.

So, what about Wednesday Whiskey.. Strange name for a shoe brand, isn't it? That's what I thought. So I asked founder Marijn Verschure for a moment of his time and fired some questions his way.

I learned the idea for the brand was founded on a rainy Wednesday night during a Dublin Whiskey trip with friends. Quite a story to set the tone, right? And it gets better. Marijn explained he is dedicated to creating the shoes in the most environmental-friendly way as possible. His offices, for example, run on 100% clean energy. And the shoe boxes are folded by hand, without using any glue.

The Wednesday Whiskey collection is manufactured in a small factory, outside of Porto. That way they can keep a close eye on the product itself, but also on the working conditions of the craftsman. That's what I call a conscious shoe.



















Wednesday Whiskey is now collaborating for limited edition collections with famous Whiskey Brands. You buy a pair of shoes, and get a bottle of Whiskey for free in the box. Each pair is numbered since only a few hundred of each style have been made. 

The collection is available in sizes 41-46, in selected stores. 

Vist the website for more information; wednesdaywhiskey.com 
Visit DON at Henegouwenstraat 8, Ghent. dongent.be


Thanks DON and Wednesday Whiskey for the invite!
And thank YOU for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. Waw daar zitten wel leuke schoenen tussen! Must see when in Ghent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great concept. Looks like nice shoes as well.
    /Mads
    http://fashiontalesblog.com

    ReplyDelete